Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CCM MaD. We hope you enjoy your visit.

If it's your first time here please make your first post in either the 'Welcome' or 'Chat' section so we can verify your account quicker, untill verified your posts will need to be manually approved before they show, please be patient.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Running temp
Topic Started: Jul 11 2018, 12:19 PM (64 Views)
sdysonR30
Member Avatar
Marquess
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi all,

Just had my bike mot'd after being off the road for a few years, (Suzy 644)

Its been so long i might just be getting paranoid but it seems to be running alot hotter than it used to but i cant really remember, the top end has been rebuilt with new head, piston, rings and value seals.

I can really feel the heat through my trousers after a really short time,

Is there any way I can find out if it's running too hot? With out Speedo dash board attachments ect?

Cheers, Sam.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Monty
Member Avatar
Charlie Big Banana's
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Cant help with a temp, but as they are air/oil cooled they will get hot if stationary or riding slow. Is the oil cooler getting red hot?

I would say you are worrying about nothing, plus your trousers sound a bit thin,
If it aint sharp I can play with it
My Utube Channel, lots of bike vids here. Subscribe if you likehttp://www.youtube.com/user/choppermark?feature=watch

Posted Image

sdysonR30
Member Avatar
Marquess
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks for the reply,

I've just been for a gentle 20ish mile ride, 30/40mph and with a laser temp reader the head is roughly 139c and the oil cooler was about 86c on the rear facing side. Does this sound ok?

I hope I am worring about nothing mate lol, full gear all year round for me, rst textiles don't even go down the road with any thing less

Monty
Member Avatar
Charlie Big Banana's
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
sounds about right, they do get hot, as long as it runs fine and dont rattle all is good.

Or run it on methanol, runs cooler
If it aint sharp I can play with it
My Utube Channel, lots of bike vids here. Subscribe if you likehttp://www.youtube.com/user/choppermark?feature=watch

Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply