Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CCM MaD. We hope you enjoy your visit.

If it's your first time here please make your first post in either the 'Welcome' or 'Chat' section so we can verify your account quicker, untill verified your posts will need to be manually approved before they show, please be patient.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The "feel" of power delivery Rotax VS Suzuki
Topic Started: May 3 2018, 08:24 AM (296 Views)
Ferreteer
Commoner
[ * ]
I'm a newbie here and I've only ever ridden my pals 604 DS. He is a Rotax man through and through and denigrate the Suzuki because of its alleged "cooking" power delivery and he says that although they have near identical quoted bhp figures the rotax feels much more "urgent" in its delivery.

Now I have ridden plenty of bikes and I know exactly what he's getting at but I haven't any experience of the Suzuki engine so what is the consensus of opinion on the forum?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ferreteer
Commoner
[ * ]
Well bugger me sideways I never thought I would get absolutely 0 response if anyone can point me to a well worn thread that explains this I'd be just as happy

Lardmarc
Member Avatar
Jester
[ *  *  *  * ]
motomaniac
May 7 2018, 09:36 AM
As we all know, the rotax is for the men, while the ladies love a suzook... lol
I was trying to figure out how to put it without making them cry.

You didn't bother.

Well done.

Worst thing they ever did was go 'Jap' then Chinese. I wouldn't touch either of them.
Just a flunky along for the ride.

Pa644
Marquess
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Tractor (thump thump thump) versus racing machine. Austrians never could make a anything that´d go fast. Look how thery´ve ruined Huskies. Best thing on my last Rotax was the kickstarter.
Aged 644

Lardmarc
Member Avatar
Jester
[ *  *  *  * ]
Pa644
May 7 2018, 04:52 PM
Austrians never could make anything that´d go fast. Look how they've ruined Huskies.
Yep... KTM = Shite.

Lardmarc
Member Avatar
Jester
[ *  *  *  * ]
That was a bit naughty Motomaniac, deleting your original post. Luckily I quoted directly from it so will carry on the discussion for you. :goodgrief:

ccm644durtyboy
Member Avatar
Duke
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Lardmarc
May 7 2018, 07:18 PM
That was a bit naughty Motomaniac, deleting your original post. Luckily I quoted directly from it so will carry on the discussion for you. :goodgrief:
maybe he meant ruskies
and he is really a spy
reckon they got him with the spray lol
:dirtbike:

Ferreteer
Commoner
[ * ]
Well guys I'd like to say thank you all for the information but.......????

The plain fact is I'm drawn to the rotax, always wanted one, even one in a Harris Matchless.
Just looking for evidence to back me up when I pull the trigger!

Pa644
Marquess
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ferret .... you´ll love it! .... especially the sprag, and having to get a really good witch doctor to make it run on the level with any other post WWII bike. And if you´re really into primitive mechanics, you could try fitting an Enfield diesel. It should have roughly the same ooomph.

PS

.... and I nearly forgot: the widespread availability of Rotax parts (from any scrap merchant, or a single internatioinal dealer somewhere in Outer Mongolia). I got a cylinder head for my Sukiyaki Freewind CCM644 within a few days recently. But don´t let anyone put you off. And please let us know whether you´ve finally decided to join the masochist bone crunchers .... or get yourself a nice Spitfire.
Edited by Pa644, May 8 2018, 06:44 AM.
Aged 644

motomaniac
Member Avatar
King
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
WTF??? Where'd my post go???

Rob 110
Member Avatar
God
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I get bored starting other peoples Rotax motors for them. They should learn how..or by a 644, which starts all the time.
644 hauls ass enough, depending on rider.
Rotax clutch is soooo heavy.
Rotax is timed by elastic...or is that the powerband?
Rotax leaves oil everywhere it goes...like a dog marking its territory, or a series Landrover.
Both motors are very 'last century'.
CLICK HERE TO DONATE TO THE FORUM

DIRTY R30 644 '03 TPS done, gubbins gone, GSXR can, 150 main, 27.5 pilot, needle 2nd position, K&N no lid
FILTHY 404DS '04: 152 main, 70 pilot air jet, 38 pilot, emm needle 4th clip, Quill T3. Sold :(
HUSKY FE501 missile
Posted Image

leomn
Baron
[ *  *  * ]
Slight hijack - my 644 "feels" more powerful than my 404 because of the "grunt" and consequently "feels" faster. Definitely bigger grin factor than the 404
I may be wrong but I'm sure I read somewhere the 404 actually has more power and as it much lighter is probably faster.
I own Guzzis which are basically tractors so I can see why people love the rotax. Also aren't rotax easy to tune and therefore can be made more powerful than a 644?
It's all about the "feel"...

Rob 110
Member Avatar
God
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
A Rotax recently brought back to life ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXzSZVgQwts
CLICK HERE TO DONATE TO THE FORUM

DIRTY R30 644 '03 TPS done, gubbins gone, GSXR can, 150 main, 27.5 pilot, needle 2nd position, K&N no lid
FILTHY 404DS '04: 152 main, 70 pilot air jet, 38 pilot, emm needle 4th clip, Quill T3. Sold :(
HUSKY FE501 missile
Posted Image

Roadster604
Member Avatar
Psycho Dad
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Rob that was harsh.
With regards the feel of the power, it is always subjective and having had a burn against a 644 on the rotax, performance was very similar.

Another example of this was recently handed out to me by my friend who owns many a bike including a standard RD350 F2, the same model of bike that was my previous steed.

Anyhow the feel of these two bikes couldn't be more different but in a straight drag race with me carrying 4 stone more neither of us could gap each other, although around the lanes is a different matter

So if you like the feel regardless of their short comings get one!

I might be a bit biased having owned mine for 16 years, but that may change seeing the new 790 duke.
keep the faith

ccm644durtyboy
Member Avatar
Duke
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Rob 110
May 10 2018, 11:21 AM
A Rotax recently brought back to life ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXzSZVgQwts
now that sounds like my old 1966 tiger?daytona 100 just after it slung a rod doing a ton lol
:dirtbike:

« Previous Topic · Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply