Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CCM MaD. We hope you enjoy your visit.

If it's your first time here please make your first post in either the 'Welcome' or 'Chat' section so we can verify your account quicker, untill verified your posts will need to be manually approved before they show, please be patient.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
644DS Back Light; Wiring info please
Topic Started: Apr 14 2018, 09:22 AM (177 Views)
Neillds
Knight
[ *  * ]
I am useless with wiring but have just converted by DS from some tacky tail tidy back to standard.

Its a 2002 model which has seen a hard life especially the wiring.

The tail tidy worked with brake light and tail lamp, the secondhand standard lamp has 3 wires, so did the tail tidy and the loom has 3 wires. I seemed to have tried every combination and i can either get just tail light or just brake light but not both??

any clues? and of course MOT is due today!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fallsoffalot
Commoner
[ * ]
One wire will be common earth for both & then one wire live for lights & one live for brake light. Not sure of colours .

Neillds
Knight
[ *  * ]
thanks so it just sounds like i will have to keep trying different combos' after checking he tail light bulb is ok!

wirral121
Duke
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
According to my wiring diagram for 644 yellow goes to brake light, blue is taillight, black earth.

Neillds
Knight
[ *  * ]
OK found the earth and brake light so i have isolated which wire is tail light, new bulb so that's eliminated.

The only other wire is red, so ill have to try and trace that back to see whats what.

No MOT now though :what:

woodcarver
Member Avatar
Duke
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I got bored chasing leccy faults every mot so new rear light indicators and hydraulic brake switch sorted all the problems in one go

« Previous Topic · 604 DS & R30 · Next Topic »
Add Reply