Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CCM MaD. We hope you enjoy your visit.

If it's your first time here please make your first post in either the 'Welcome' or 'Chat' section so we can verify your account quicker, untill verified your posts will need to be manually approved before they show, please be patient.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Cerificate of Conformity or alternative process for registration in France; or an alternative process for registration in France
Topic Started: Mar 8 2018, 09:43 AM (204 Views)
ianx
IanB
[ *  * ]
Its been a very long time since I posted here but it has been an equally long time since i have seen my bike. Bike has been in storage for several years and now I want to bring it to my home in France.
Before I phone CCM and find out that they probably didn't go the European route for the 604 and used the MSVA process can anyone tell me if a CoC exists for the 604 and if not do you know of anyone who used an alternative route to register a 604 in mainland Europe?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Monty
Member Avatar
Charlie Big Banana's
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Patrick in berlin managed to wangle it for a flat tracker, and owns a 644, there are other members in Germany with 604's, so CCM must have done something
If it aint sharp I can play with it
My Utube Channel, lots of bike vids here. Subscribe if you likehttp://www.youtube.com/user/choppermark?feature=watch

Posted Image

stevenfuture
King
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I have a mate in France & he cant get his RC30 Honda "emetricfied" as he puts it, he lives in Bergerac if your close then I could put you in touch with him as hes into old British bikes & managed to get them legal in froggie land
Testiculos habet ingens et bene sedeant

ianx
IanB
[ *  * ]
Monty
Mar 8 2018, 10:42 AM
Patrick in berlin managed to wangle it for a flat tracker, and owns a 644, there are other members in Germany with 604's, so CCM must have done something
Yes Monty! I talked with a friend about this on Monday and mentioned Patrick. I remember Patrick posting on the subject of German "MOT" inspectors and exhaust pipes! What is going to make this even more fun is that I will need a bill of sale/receipt. That will not be easy, I bought my bike in 2007 from a man in Newport via ebay. Still have the paypal payment form but it does not mention a CCM 604 or the VIN or anything. Taking it back to the UK once a year for an MOT is a ballache and the insurance where I live is dirt cheap in comparison to my old address in England. French insurance companies have avoided insuring British vehicles since the 90's.
By law I should not have a British registered vehicle in France for more than 6 months before it must leave or be registered locally. Nobody pays attention but come the 'orrible day you are involved in a smash then questions might be asked.
CCM haven't replied to my request for the data submitted for the "local" approval. Always very quick to respond to people parting with money though.
Patricks was/is (?) a 644, I have not checked but wonder if CCM broadened their horizons and sent it for EU approval? Anyway, dare I ask, is Patrick still "with us"?

ianx
IanB
[ *  * ]
stevenfuture
Mar 8 2018, 11:16 AM
I have a mate in France & he cant get his RC30 Honda "emetricfied" as he puts it, he lives in Bergerac if your close then I could put you in touch with him as hes into old British bikes & managed to get them legal in froggie land
I live about 250km North of Bergerac. I'll post the outcome of this when it comes up good or bad. Good, I hope. Meanwhile I see that in old blighty plans are afoot to waive the "MOT" for bikes over 40 years old. While in France there are mutterings of actually bringing in a vehicle test for bikes for the first time!

stevenfuture
King
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well I wish you luck with what ever you decide to do, my friend John has registered BSA's & Triumphs, even with the froggies insisting on things they never came fitted with, like indicators & mirrors, but I think he didn't have the Honda RC30 registered in the UK & that's why he has had trouble with it, I can give you his phone number if you like as hes been there over 10 years now & has helped out Dutchmen, Belgians expats with their bikes, down side is he loves bikes so much he more that likely to jabber on for ever as he had an accident last year & lost half of his leg so has time on his hands (got whacked by a froggie from behind in a van texting while John was on his trident) so let me know so every little helps.
Edited by stevenfuture, Mar 13 2018, 11:12 AM.
Testiculos habet ingens et bene sedeant

Monty
Member Avatar
Charlie Big Banana's
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
ianx
Mar 13 2018, 10:11 AM
Patricks was/is (?) a 644, I have not checked but wonder if CCM broadened their horizons and sent it for EU approval? Anyway, dare I ask, is Patrick still "with us"?
Yes Patrick is still with us and a member, He still has the DS 644 and a FT644
If it aint sharp I can play with it
My Utube Channel, lots of bike vids here. Subscribe if you likehttp://www.youtube.com/user/choppermark?feature=watch

Posted Image

ianx
IanB
[ *  * ]
Glad to hear Patrick is still at large. I used to chuckle at his wry humour on the old place.

« Previous Topic · Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply