Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CCM MaD. We hope you enjoy your visit.

If it's your first time here please make your first post in either the 'Welcome' or 'Chat' section so we can verify your account quicker, untill verified your posts will need to be manually approved before they show, please be patient.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
16mm radial Master cyclinder
Topic Started: Feb 27 2018, 11:41 AM (247 Views)
jamie96
Knight
[ *  * ]
after a 16mm radial brake master cylinder

16x18 etc

ideally Brembo

Cheers
Jamie
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

stevenfuture
King
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
check on e-bay for "Adelin radial master cylinders" they are about 50,ish & they have a folding lever too item number '232114637628' is worth a look, but they do come in different colours.
a Brembo one will cost over 200 new !! even secondhand over a 100 squidly's
Edited by stevenfuture, Feb 27 2018, 05:52 PM.
Testiculos habet ingens et bene sedeant

jamie96
Knight
[ *  * ]
Any had experience with Adelin mc before ?
Are they a good quality product or just another dangerous chinese knock off?

I know there's a "Brembo tax" but you get what you pay for with them
and personally id rather pay the extra especially when it comes to brakes

stevenfuture
King
nah I had a beringer m/c running a 4 pot gold Brembo & that was as good as you could get Posted ImagePosted Image
what caliper are you using?
if the stock CCM fitting then any m/c from a twin disc modern bike will be enough, GSXR,CBR,ZXR, most of them come with remote reservoirs now & look/work well
looking on e-bay I found a few radial m/c's around 100 mark, Brembo's & Accossatos a lot more expensive
Edited by stevenfuture, Feb 27 2018, 10:10 PM.

jamie96
Knight
[ *  * ]
[IMG][URL=http://s1073.photobucket.com/user/Jamie_Spurway/media/IMG_20180220_162103_546_zpsrvc8ey22.jpg.html]Posted Image[/URL][/IMG]

Brembo cast 4pot on a 320mm EBC disk

I Have the Brembo mc it came with on an '08 690 smc r [not 100% sure on that possibly 950sm] but i think its oversized [looks like a larger one ie 18-20] on a sub 120kg bike w. 90kg rider and dont want to be locking the front on every corner entry
Edited by jamie96, Feb 27 2018, 10:48 PM.

stevenfuture
King
ooh thats a nice BIG caliper & a very nice hanger bracket too, that set up on mine (above) needed only two fingers to haul it up on its nose, anymore & yep it locked up, so I reckon if you go for a large piston m/c then the same will happen to you as well, if you want a remote reservoir (for the look) then maybe 16mm is about right as the Berenger is 19mm if I remember, I think ones from ZXR/CBR/GSXR are nissin & about 17mm, worth a go even if non radial

jamie96
Knight
[ *  * ]
Thanks.
designed it myself and had it CNCd
it was a case of measure twice, get a second opinion and then argue over 0.5 mm

few things I'dd change if I had another made eg caliper sits a bit low, doesnt affect breaking performance just looks a little odd
and some nice aircraft grade alloy just because

lahauteur
Member Avatar
Rider
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Looks good, is that a digital speedo sensor bracket built in? How well did it all align? Did you make a mock up first or just work from your measurements?
2001 Rotax 640e Supermoto and 1998 350 Enfield Bullet.

jamie96
Knight
[ *  * ]
yes the extra bit is for the speedo sensor
i worked from my measurements. i used the front axle centre as my (0,0) point and with the bike vertical i could measure x,y&z values for each key point
i would have liked to make a prototype first but couldn't manage to blag the use of a big enough 3D printer

as far as fitment goes getting the caliper centred over the disk is easy
the hardest part was making certain the interaction between the brake pads and disk was correct as the disk should overhang the pads by a mm or two
seen in the photo incorporated spacers so that i could change disks from 300mm up to 320mm on the same bracket
its a 4mm thick disk so i skimmed roughly 1.5mm [perpendicular to the spoke] off the back of the caliper to give some clearance to the spokes [i knew id have to do this with this particular caliper but didnt know how much till i had it fitted. the wheel spun without skimming but for peace of mind i took to it anyway]
Edited by jamie96, Mar 12 2018, 03:35 PM.

« Previous Topic · Wanted · Next Topic »
Add Reply