Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CCM MaD. We hope you enjoy your visit.

If it's your first time here please make your first post in either the 'Welcome' or 'Chat' section so we can verify your account quicker, untill verified your posts will need to be manually approved before they show, please be patient.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How do you get inside the rev counter?
Topic Started: Aug 6 2017, 06:56 PM (116 Views)
huw
Knight
[ *  * ]
Hi,

Does anyone know how you get inside the rev counter on an R30 2005 model? The LED for the main beam is not working and I want to replace it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Monty
Member Avatar
Charlie Big Banana's
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I am not sure if its possible without destroying it, why not just add an additional blue led somewhere else,
If it aint sharp I can play with it
My Utube Channel, lots of bike vids here. Subscribe if you likehttp://www.youtube.com/user/choppermark?feature=watch

Posted Image

huw
Knight
[ *  * ]
Looks like that will have to be my option Monty. Cheers.

themediaengine
Member Avatar
Knight
[ *  * ]
The bezel is crimped on over the outer casing. I have had this off on one of mine before. Not easy and even harder to get it back to looking good again. The bezel is just thin tin.

Take lots of time and patience and slowly lever the bezel free with a small crew driver or similar. Work your way round levering off about 2-3mm. The more time you take the less damage and deformation you will make to be able to squeeze it back over when you "crimp" it back on later. with the bezel, glass and rubber seal off the tacho will pull out the front of the housing in one piece to expose the LEDs.

Good luck with the soldering iron and finding a matching LED!

themediaengine
Member Avatar
Knight
[ *  * ]
Are you a 100% that the LED is blown and its not a loose or broken connection or continuity issue?

« Previous Topic · 644 DS & R30 · Next Topic »
Add Reply