Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CCM MaD. We hope you enjoy your visit.

If it's your first time here please make your first post in either the 'Welcome' or 'Chat' section so we can verify your account quicker, untill verified your posts will need to be manually approved before they show, please be patient.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ccm speedo conection to brake calliper bracket; Ccm 644ds speedo mount issue
Topic Started: May 24 2017, 03:43 PM (1,855 Views)
CcmGyp
Member Avatar
Commoner
[ * ]
Hi guys,
I'm after some advice. Today I fitted the off road wheels to my ccm644ds 2005. I have an issue with the speedo, I don't know if it's standard but my speedo cable screws straight into the original caliper bracket and is just a plastic thread, on the off road wheels bracket there isn't a hole for it so can't use it with those wheels. This doesn't seem right reading the posts on here.
Any advice would be much appreciated!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

woodcarver
Member Avatar
Duke
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Standard ccm speedo is mechanical is yous digital.

Monty
Member Avatar
Charlie Big Banana's
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Later bikes had a digi speedo fitted, so you need a offroad bracket with the extra hole to mount the speedo pickup, plus you will either have to mount a speedo drive to act as a spacer so the wheel fits correctly, or get a spacer made up, I have dimensions here I'm sure so could make one.
If it aint sharp I can play with it
My Utube Channel, lots of bike vids here. Subscribe if you likehttp://www.youtube.com/user/choppermark?feature=watch

Posted Image

Tramp
Prince
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Easiest fix is a cycle speedo...or a satnav...both a road legal just check calibration for different wheel size

CcmGyp
Member Avatar
Commoner
[ * ]
Yeah it's a 2005 with a digital speedo!
To be fair it's pretty flimsy, can I attempt to attach it to the talon caliper bracket somehow!? Does it have to be in a precise place to pick up the speed?? I just want to keep the miles legit but to be fair i predominantly have the road wheels on!!
Cherrs

woodcarver
Member Avatar
Duke
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
there is a small sensor magnet around the disc brake area on the wheel.

lahauteur
Member Avatar
Rider
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
When I put a digital speedo on mine for my off road wheels I made a small dog leg bracket to mount the sensor from the lower caliper bolt. Mounting on the upper bolt may well have protected it better but it hasn't been damaged so far.
2001 Rotax 640e Supermoto, 1998 350 Bullet and 2000 SV650S

CcmGyp
Member Avatar
Commoner
[ * ]
Cheers for the help guys!! Probably just live with it as only really use road wheels!!

« Previous Topic · How To Guides · Next Topic »
Add Reply