Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CCM MaD. We hope you enjoy your visit.

If it's your first time here please make your first post in either the 'Welcome' or 'Chat' section so we can verify your account quicker, untill verified your posts will need to be manually approved before they show, please be patient.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Luggage?; What works
Topic Started: May 6 2017, 11:29 PM (488 Views)
gsport
Baron
[ *  *  * ]
Hi,

Riding the bike to the airport a few times (about 40miles from Sheffield to Manchester over the peaks, but not off road!) and so far I've done it with a huge rucksack which is pretty horrible. So looking at luggage options.

Whatever I get will be thrown about by baggage handlers so dont want to spend a fortune and also better if it can become one bag since that's all the luggage allowance I will have.

Want about 60l (maybe a bit more), just got the stock rack for things to strap to.

Thinking about either some soft throw over panniers like this but am worried about exhaust and getting airport check in to accept them as one bag (once strapped together, they dont usually pass up an opportunity to levy some extra fees)

Or, some sort of "roll" like this to go between my arse and the curved sissy bar bit of the rack. But worried this will limit my space on the seat.

Any ideas?

Thanks

G.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

hursty46
Member Avatar
The Hulk
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I have a roll bag that I use on my ccm in the past also I have hein Gerick streetline panniers witch fit perfectly if you have the ds panels on and the tent on the rack me and the other half went camping like this on the ccm got them for my TL originally as my oxford panniers melted on the exhaust and mrs struggled getting feet on pegs good buy these
Posted Image

Like my CCM I'm old, overweight and badly maintained but I can still surprise you by how fast I can move!!

Rob 110
Member Avatar
God
jofama?
http://www.bykebitz.co.uk/jofama-bag.html
CLICK HERE TO DONATE TO THE FORUM

DIRTY R30 644 '03 TPS done, gubbins gone, GSXR can, 150 main, 27.5 pilot, needle 2nd position, K&N no lid
FILTHY 404DS '04: 152 main, 70 pilot air jet, 38 pilot, emm needle 4th clip, Quill T3. Sold :(
BIGBORE STRIMMER: KTM 300 EXCE '08 Rally
Posted Image

hursty46
Member Avatar
The Hulk
That looks a nice bit of kit Rob you got
One??
Posted Image

Like my CCM I'm old, overweight and badly maintained but I can still surprise you by how fast I can move!!

Rob 110
Member Avatar
God
jonnyh has, looks good
CLICK HERE TO DONATE TO THE FORUM

DIRTY R30 644 '03 TPS done, gubbins gone, GSXR can, 150 main, 27.5 pilot, needle 2nd position, K&N no lid
FILTHY 404DS '04: 152 main, 70 pilot air jet, 38 pilot, emm needle 4th clip, Quill T3. Sold :(
BIGBORE STRIMMER: KTM 300 EXCE '08 Rally
Posted Image

hursty46
Member Avatar
The Hulk
Think I'll pick one up cheers
Posted Image

Jasext
Baron
[ *  *  * ]
I have a Jofama bag, brilliant bit of kit, not used it on the ccm only the ktm but highly recommended

hursty46
Member Avatar
The Hulk
Is there plenty of room for a weekend camping gear beers etc??
Posted Image

gsport
Baron
[ *  *  * ]
Rob 110
May 7 2017, 01:21 PM
Looks really nice but since the baggage handlers will be throwing it about I was aiming to spend a bit less.
Probably going to go for one ofthese

hursty46
Member Avatar
The Hulk
They look a good bag you could get a roll bag
Posted Image

hursty46
Member Avatar
The Hulk
This is same as mine waterproof

eBay item

Posted Image

Tramp
Prince
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sorry im late to post...i used a duffle dry bad 30ltrs on seat and 2 10ltr dry bags against side panels in portugal 3 years ago...i had to fly home leaving bike behind and i just flipped the drybags overvthe dyffle and strapprd them together..

Flew easy jet porto to gatwick with bags in hold and helmet as hand luggage..went both ways when i collected the bike...luggage was safe..

The joffama is good i sold the smaller one to a friend who now uses it on a 404....

My dry bags where black ...lomo stuff is very good.

Pa644
Marquess
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
If you loosen the straps on a large rucksack, the weight sits on the rear frame rack on my 644. The shoulder straps should be just tight enought to stop it from drifting from side to side.
Aged 644

gsport
Baron
[ *  *  * ]
Pa644
May 9 2017, 11:01 AM
If you loosen the straps on a large rucksack, the weight sits on the rear frame rack on my 644. The shoulder straps should be just tight enought to stop it from drifting from side to side.
This is what I did last time... didn't like it much but was ok.

gsport
Baron
[ *  *  * ]
Tramp
May 8 2017, 05:55 PM
Sorry im late to post...i used a duffle dry bad 30ltrs on seat and 2 10ltr dry bags against side panels in portugal 3 years ago...i had to fly home leaving bike behind and i just flipped the drybags overvthe dyffle and strapprd them together..

Flew easy jet porto to gatwick with bags in hold and helmet as hand luggage..went both ways when i collected the bike...luggage was safe..

The joffama is good i sold the smaller one to a friend who now uses it on a 404....

My dry bags where black ...lomo stuff is very good.
Cool thanks. Going to give it a go.

« Previous Topic · 404 DS & R35 · Next Topic »
Add Reply