Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CCM MaD. We hope you enjoy your visit.

If it's your first time here please make your first post in either the 'Welcome' or 'Chat' section so we can verify your account quicker, untill verified your posts will need to be manually approved before they show, please be patient.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dellorto Carb 604; Guide for Dellorto Carb
Topic Started: Oct 16 2014, 09:19 AM (5,002 Views)
RotaxMatt
Member Avatar
Duke
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi Guys,

Found this this morning, I've read on here that the Carb fitted to my 604e was fitted to their bikes like early KTM's etc.

Found this site:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=635497

Is it the same carb?

Thought it might be useful as it gives KTM part numbers for Dellorto parts .........

M
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jonny h
Member Avatar
this is how i roll!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
he hasnt removed the idle jet fully, this would only matter if you are changing the size though. after you take out the little top jet, there is a tube under it that has to come out, this however is a real arse to get to, and very easy to break.
Posted Image
,C26 604e, Posted Image

RotaxMatt
Member Avatar
Duke
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
jonny h
Oct 16 2014, 03:15 PM
he hasnt removed the idle jet fully, this would only matter if you are changing the size though. after you take out the little top jet, there is a tube under it that has to come out, this however is a real arse to get to, and very easy to break.
Hi Jonny, will this affect me when overhauling the carburettor?

I can see what you mean by looking at his photos, you can't see that tube you mentioned can you ha

Will be sure to look out for it when I take the carb apart..

M
Posted Image

jonny h
Member Avatar
this is how i roll!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
with regards to that tube, i would say do not even try and touch it, they are known for breaking the screw head. you have no need to do anything inless up or down jetting the idle jet.

just have your carb ultra sonic cleaned :)
Posted Image
,C26 604e, Posted Image

« Previous Topic · 604 DS & R30 · Next Topic »
Add Reply