Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CCM MaD. We hope you enjoy your visit.

If it's your first time here please make your first post in either the 'Welcome' or 'Chat' section so we can verify your account quicker, untill verified your posts will need to be manually approved before they show, please be patient.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Enduro weels for 644
Topic Started: Oct 7 2014, 07:50 PM (13,115 Views)
sulej
Commoner
[ * ]
Hi,
I'm considering buying a CCM 644. This particular one I have on mind has SM wheels and I wonder how expensive would it be to equip it with enduro wheels. From what I've learnt so far I would need brake caliper - that is easy. How about the wheels? Finding CCM wheels in Poland will be extremely hard and I wonder if wheels from other bikes will fit. What kind of wheels do I have to look for? Is there particular size (rim,hub)? Maybe you know which bikes have same wheels (KTM, Husqvarna), which models?

any help would be appreciated
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rob 110
Member Avatar
God
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
i think early pre 05 gasgas wheels go as they used AJP hubs too
you could get a UK seller on ebay to send the wheels to Poland using www.parcel2go.com but maybe costly?
CLICK HERE TO DONATE TO THE FORUM

DIRTY R30 644 '03 TPS done, gubbins gone, GSXR can, 150 main, 27.5 pilot, needle 2nd position, K&N no lid
FILTHY 404DS '04: 152 main, 70 pilot air jet, 38 pilot, emm needle 4th clip, Quill T3. Sold :(
HUSKY FE501 missile
Posted Image

sulej
Commoner
[ * ]
Yes, shipping costs of such heavy items are quite high. That is why I wonder if I can fit wheels from something more common outside UK :)

Monty
Member Avatar
Charlie Big Banana's
I sent a set of mags to Germany, actual cost was 18 insured and signed for, so doubt any different to Poland
If it aint sharp I can play with it
My Utube Channel, lots of bike vids here. Subscribe if you likehttp://www.youtube.com/user/choppermark?feature=watch

Posted Image

jonny h
Member Avatar
this is how i roll!
2000 Husqvarna 610 te, you will need to make spacers though.
with regards to the CCM you're looking at. if it's an R30 you will also need to change the swingarm, you dont have to change the brake caliper, just the bracket
Posted Image
,C26 604e, Posted Image

sulej
Commoner
[ * ]
Fortunately it is not R30 Posted Image. So you are telling that wheels or as far as I understand the hub is unique to CCM 644 and is not used on other bikes? BDW do you have any clue how much set of CCM enduro wheels can cost, I cannot find any on ebay?

Rob 110
Member Avatar
God
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CCM-644-DS-Dual-Sport-Off-Road-Wheels-Morad-Rims-/271610451385?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f3d3e95b9

DIRTY R30 644 '03 TPS done, gubbins gone, GSXR can, 150 main, 27.5 pilot, needle 2nd position, K&N no lid
FILTHY 404DS '04: 152 main, 70 pilot air jet, 38 pilot, emm needle 4th clip, Quill T3. Sold :(
HUSKY FE501 missile
Posted Image

sulej
Commoner
[ * ]
Thanks. Still I don't know how did you find them. :worthy: I feel like an idiot but when I type CCM wheels on ebay no wheels or rims appear in search results :) I manually browsed through all 503 search results and nothing.

Rob 110
Member Avatar
God
lol
did you search on UK ebay? ;)
i just put ccm wheels
they look best value wheels for 220 i've seen for a bit, sometimes you don't get the discs
Edited by Rob 110, Oct 8 2014, 05:45 PM.

HUSKY FE501 missile
Posted Image

sulej
Commoner
[ * ]
I know it sound weird but yes - it was UK ebay and it is not the first time I use it :) Bad day or ebay censorship. Seems that CCM must stay in UK.

sulej
Commoner
[ * ]
I thought that it is hard to equip R30 with enduro wheels because in such case swingarm needs to be changed as well. Could you please take a look at R30 from the link below? Do you think that bike has different swingarm to match enduro wheels? BDW - is petrol tank on R30 smaller than one on 644 DS?

Posted Image

Monty
Member Avatar
Charlie Big Banana's
You may have the shorter swinger, as there is an extra bracket for the chain guide in front of rear sprocket. Is the rear wheel a 17 inch or 18 inch, Plus the tyre is not a knobbly as such

Depending on age of bike pre 05 had a 10ltr tank, post 05 the tanks were 12litre. DS tank is 13ltr
Edited by Monty, Oct 12 2014, 07:40 AM.
My Utube Channel, lots of bike vids here. Subscribe if you likehttp://www.youtube.com/user/choppermark?feature=watch

Posted Image

sulej
Commoner
[ * ]
Thanks again for a fast reply. So you think somebody just put enduro wheels not knowing that swingarm has to be changed? Kinda strange since the bike has very low mileage - 4500km. But I trust your knowledge.

Rob 110
Member Avatar
God
yes thats a 10litre tank as the front edge is flush with the oil cooler

yes i think thats a longer swingarm
even with a longer swingarm an 18" enduro tyre will hit the rear numberplate holder at full travel
you have to move the light/numberplate back, or at least bend it up

HUSKY FE501 missile
Posted Image

sulej
Commoner
[ * ]
It turns out that the owner of the CCM from my previous post, the one with supermoto wheels, has also enduro wheels for it. The thing is that he had bought those wheels on ebay and have never installed them. Moreover he doesn't remember if those wheels where from 604 or 644 model. Form what I have read so far if those wheels have AJP hubs than should fit but there can be issue with bearings. I also read that enduro wheels should be equipped with speedo because the one form rim wheels is different. Could someone confirm that, please. Is that all or there is something more that needs to be changed when swapping wheels? How about rear sprocket, how many teeth should it have -46?

Monty
Member Avatar
Charlie Big Banana's
There are 2 types of speedo drive for the ajp hub, one for moto rims and one for off road rims, you can tell by looking inside the drive, moto rims use a red inset, off road use a black insert (I think I have it the right way)

you will also need the correct bracket for the front caliper as moto rims have a 320mm disc, o/r have a 260mm disc

There are also 2 lengths of side stand, tho either will work, just that the bike may lean over more, or stand up straighter.

Posted Image

sulej
Commoner
[ * ]
Thanks Monty! I will have pictures of those wheels tomorrow so I will get back here for more Q&A :bye:

sulej
Commoner
[ * ]
I'm back with pictures. Wheels like wheels but maybe you can see something specific that will help to determine whether they will fit or not?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Monty
Member Avatar
Charlie Big Banana's
speedo drive does not look like ours, it has lugs instead of cut outs, our drives have the lugs, so a spacer will have to be made and a digi speedo fitted.

Posted Image

Rob 110
Member Avatar
God
thats off a honda XR or Yam i reckon judging from the disc pattern/lugs/DIDrim

HUSKY FE501 missile
Posted Image

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · 644 DS & R30 · Next Topic »
Add Reply