Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CCM MaD. We hope you enjoy your visit.

If it's your first time here please make your first post in either the 'Welcome' or 'Chat' section so we can verify your account quicker, untill verified your posts will need to be manually approved before they show, please be patient.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
headlight upgrade
Topic Started: Jul 23 2014, 09:24 AM (14,828 Views)
serious3
Baron
[ *  *  * ]
well for the last while i've been enjoying blatting about on the ccm, until last night when it was dark coming home from a mates. who the hell at ccm thought that the headlight was up to the job? it is fecking woeful! my mates were way ahead of me on the spin home and pissing themselves laughing at my headlight. what are my options to get more light? HID? something else?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tramp
Prince
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Same size bulb but a halogen one fits 35w still but brighter..think its out a scooter if your on a 644? Or do what i do ride on my mates tail light lol...

RB636
Member Avatar
Potato Farmer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I fit a hid setup into a ufo stealth headlight, works fairly well.

rossonza
Member Avatar
Supermoto Mad
Had the polisport headlight on my r30. looks 10x better than stock in my opinion. However i think the bulb was actually not stronger than stock. HID kit i thinks the only way to get decent light up front.

Tramp
Prince
Arent hid upgrades faliures at mot time as they arent std fit by fqctors? Lots of changes came in last year and sure Hid was one of them...

Maybe someone can confirn eh...lol

ian6pot
Member Avatar
God
Don't know the current position on this but I was a bit of a gray area on cars. I think on cars they used to fall foul of construction and use regs. Because HIDs are supposed to have a cleaning system fitted and be adjustable from the cab. Some of the trucks we supply have them and they are always fitted with headlight washers and because the trucks are on air they automatically stay at ride night. I would have thought bikes have the same rules but not looked into it.

Same as always though...if it works most testers won't care.
Edited by ian6pot, Jul 23 2014, 06:40 PM.

stevo604
Member Avatar
God
Tramp
Jul 23 2014, 06:22 PM
Arent hid upgrades faliures at mot time as they arent std fit by fqctors? Lots of changes came in last year and sure Hid was one of them...

Maybe someone can confirn eh...lol
hope your wrong as I have one fitted but if it has to come out for mot it will be changed :chin:

Roadster604
Member Avatar
Psycho Dad
I did read in a car magazine a couple of years ago that retro fitted HID units in ordinary bulb headlamps was to be a MOT failure
keep the faith

serious3
Baron
[ *  *  * ]
good job we dont test bikes over here then! reckon a HID or maybe fit a couple of cree spots somewhere discreet

Mad Cow
Member Avatar
Earl
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Fitted a pair of these to my KTM Rally bike

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390845171577?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_3235wt_1348

Fookin' bright or what and they only draw about 30 watts, would work well as a auxillary lamps (in fact I've ordered a pair to bolt on my 990 Adventure too).

They have three functions high, low or flashing so definitely not road legal as a headlight however i remove the whole fairing/nav tower/lights set up for the MOT (only two bolts and one connector) and have adapted my old (road legal) CCM headlight to strap on and plug straight in.

With Rally fairing and LEDs

Posted Image

With CCM Headlight

Posted Image

Tony (aka Mad Cow)

http://madcowracing.blogspot.com

Posted Image

serious3
Baron
[ *  *  * ]
thanks mad cow! they look perfect! no worries about test over here so i could leave them connected all the time!

bighit
outta here
maybe not available now, the ray halogen from UFO was my upgrade . uses normal type bulbs and not the stupid ones on the CCM. i fitted a 55w/100w on my bike . way better than the candle fitted by CCM .

only thing bad is its a glass lens and stones chip the glass :-(

lahauteur
Member Avatar
Rider
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I was thinking of going for some Honda Zoomer lights to make it look a bit different too. Any thoughts?
2001 Rotax 640e Supermoto and 1998 350 Enfield Bullet.

lahauteur
Member Avatar
Rider
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This is the sort of thing I was thinking of. These ones have plastic lenses. If I went the whole hog, how hot do HID kits run? Warmer than halogens?
Posted Image

Gonzo250
Member Avatar
Working-class moto psycho
If memory serves, HID's do run fairly hot. I wouldn't trust em in a plastic headlight...
I drink too much, I swear too much, I ride too fast and I crash too often.

It is a universal impossibility for me to leave my tools alone and my bikes standard. 'It must go faster!!'

lahauteur
Member Avatar
Rider
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
OK, thanks, perhaps LEDs are the way to go then.

Will
Will
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Interested in this now it's dark in mornings had diversion down single track road at 6 this morning couldn't see f**k all , there must be better light out there
ccm 644ds 2007 trf

lahauteur
Member Avatar
Rider
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm still waiting for my lights to arrive, I will post when I've played with them. Plenty of other jobs to do too so it may be a while before I get them done.

Will
Will
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Mad Cow
Jul 24 2014, 03:14 PM
Fitted a pair of these to my KTM Rally bike

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390845171577?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_3235wt_1348

Fookin' bright or what and they only draw about 30 watts, would work well as a auxillary lamps (in fact I've ordered a pair to bolt on my 990 Adventure too).

They have three functions high, low or flashing so definitely not road legal as a headlight however i remove the whole fairing/nav tower/lights set up for the MOT (only two bolts and one connector) and have adapted my old (road legal) CCM headlight to strap on and plug straight in.

With Rally fairing and LEDs

Posted Image

With CCM Headlight

Posted Image

Hi Tony will the clamps fit wp forks did you use extra relay :dirtbike:
ccm 644ds 2007 trf

Gonzo250
Member Avatar
Working-class moto psycho
I've just robbed the head and fog lights off my old Maverick before I scrapped it. Bit of custom metalwork for mounting and that should sort out any lighting issues...
I drink too much, I swear too much, I ride too fast and I crash too often.

It is a universal impossibility for me to leave my tools alone and my bikes standard. 'It must go faster!!'

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Other · Next Topic »
Add Reply